Friday, September 11, 2009

INTERVIEWS ABOUT JESUS: NICODEMUS


Question: We heard that you met Jesus late at night. Why hide?


NICODEMUS: Truth be told, I was afraid of my peers. They hated Jesus. I figured the best if no one knew I was with Him.


Question: Would it affect your position if they knew?


NICODEMUS: I came a long way in the Pharisee’s sect and accepted by large number of my colleagues. As I am part of the ruling council, I wouldn’t want to risk my position. I know I was being selfish.


Question: What made you want to see Jesus?


NICODEMUS: All this while I believe in God and my line of duty but my curiosity of Jesus being God-sent got the better of me.


Question: After you spoke with Jesus, who do you think he is?


NICODEMUS: God! No doubt about that.


Question: What made you so sure?


NICODEMUS: You see, I am a lawyer, expounding laws of Israel but what Jesus said totally spell bounded me. The things he said were so simple and yet profound that caught me off guard. He spoke about Moses and heaven like he was there and not only that, he spoke with such authority. Whew! When I heard of Jesus doing miracles and all that, I already knew that God was with him but now, I am absolutely sure Jesus is God.


Question: What was the best thing that came out of the conversation?


NICODEMUS: Two words, “Born Again!”


Question: Can you elaborate?


NICODEMUS: We Pharisees always believe in following all the laws set out by Moses to get God’s approval. We thought that everything is under our control and we are the only approved people of God. But no, we are all sinners in the eyes of God. “Born Again” means the Spirit of God breathes life into my spirit, making it new. It is like God recreating us anew. It is God who forgives and transforms us, not by our works. That’s where God accepts us back as His children when all our sins are wiped away. That’s why Jesus said, “No one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.”


Question: Can everyone be born again?


NICODEMUS: No. Okay, I was only joking because when I first heard this phrase, I was thinking of that ludicrous idea of going back to my mother’s womb the second time. Anyway, I was being sarcastic to Jesus. I apologise. Yes, everyone can be born again. Jesus said, "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”


Question: Last question, what’s next?


NICODEMUS: I thank God I went to see Jesus, albeit suspiciously at night. Right now, I want to shout it out to everyone anytime, day or night!

Next: Interviews about Jesus: The Woman and The Leper
http://psbible.blogspot.com/2009/09/interviews-about-jesus-woman-and-leper.html

1 comment:

  1. And Nicodemus got the chance to show his faith at the grave ...

    ReplyDelete