Wednesday, May 1, 2013

DIRTY GOD: JESUS IN THE TRENCHES – JOHNNIE MOORE



When I first started to read this book, I was skeptical of another ‘cheap grace’ kind of author expounding overarching encompassing grace of God to envelop humanity. Everyone would have a sweet aroma of life on earth and “and they will live happily ever after” stuff at the end of the book. But I was wrong. The author knew his stuff as a well-traveled man who has seen, read and experienced what was truly grace. I was particularly excited when he mentioned the grace that Dietrich Bonhoeffer’s in his book, The Cost of Discipleship, wrote about. Grace is not cheap! Moore’s comprehensive and thorough takes on the grace of God thrilled  and inspired me. It made God to be more wonderful that I ever thought before. It also made me to be much smaller, more stinkier that I ever thought before. I was not worth the effort Jesus put in for me, yet He did it anyway.

All in all, it was a very well-written, a book that will perhaps transform perception of many readers of the Saviour, Jesus Christ, the Grace personified! And I love the catchy title too.

Thank you Book Sneeze for allowing this free ebook for the purpose of this review. I give this book a five-star!

No comments:

Post a Comment